How To Create The Perfect Monogram
Monograms are a special design of two or more letters that are combined or interlaced initials. They typically consist of your first, middle, and last name initials. Monograms can be put on lots of different items - from phone cases and wallets to towels and pillowcases. Adding a monogram is the perfect way to make something more personal. Towels with your initials on them, in the font and thread color that perfectly matches your bathroom decor, really adds a sense of sophistication and luxury to your bathroom.
Here at Buy American Towels, we pride ourselves on making 100% hand-guided American Made monograms, individually made to order, for you! We get a lot of questions on monogramming - for example: what order should my initials go in? Should I use my first, middle, and last name? Should I just use my first and last name? If I decide to go with three letters, is the middle letter larger in size compared to the first and last letters?
This simple guide features real life examples of all the most common monogramming questions you might have! Introducing our Monogram Etiquette 101 Guide — 6 Common Questions.
- How many fonts do you offer? We offer 6 different fonts for your choosing: Center, Diamond, Elegant (3 letter), Elegant (2 letter), Frame, and Wreath.
- How many thread colors do you offer? We offer 12 different thread colors so you can choose from a large pallet of colors to best fit your desired look.
- What order should my initials go in? Simply said: it is up to you. Whatever order you think your initials look the best written out. However, traditionally, a monogram reads First Name Initial, Last Name Initial, Middle Name or Maiden Name Initial. With the Last Name Initial being larger than First and Middle Initial. For example, if you had the name Kelsie Elizabeth Vogds, her monogram would read KVE. Traditionally, the “V” in this monogram would be a larger size than the “K” and the “E”.
- Should I use my first, middle, and last name? Again, it is completely up to you! We personally like larger, more robust monograms that really stand out and catch the eye. If you prefer a monogram that is smaller, you can choose our Elegant (2 Letter) Font, and you can choose only 2 letters if you like. Or, if you only want one initial - that is great too! The best fonts for one letter monograms are our Frame and Wreath fonts.
- Can I just use my first and last name? Yes! As already mentioned, you can choose just one single letter for your monogram. The best font to use with one single letter is our Frame and Wreath fonts.
- If I decide to go with three letters, is the middle letter larger in size compared to the first and last letters? Yes! If you choose a 3-letter monogram, the middle letter will be slightly larger than the first and the last.
If you have any further questions about any of our hand-guided USA monograms, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love hearing from you and would love to help you create your dream monogram!